Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


When do we need to fill in the legal paperwork?

Australian law requires that the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) be signed and given to your celebrant at least 1 month before your wedding day, but no more than 18 months prior. There are also other legal documents which needs to be filled in both before your ceremony and immediately afterwards.


What identification must we supply?

Australian birth certificates (if you are not Australian, then a passport)
Evidence of end of any previous marriages ie. divorce or death certificate
NOTE: if you are outside of Australia or cannot supply the above, I can give you assistance.


How many witnesses do we need on the day?

Two; both must be over the age of 18 years.


Do I have to change my name, and how do I do this? (Bride)

No, you do not have to change your name. However if you wish to do so, you should apply to the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages for a full marriage certificate

The onus is then on you to contact all organisations you have dealings with, providing a copy of this certificate as evidence of your marriage.

NOTE: there is a government fee to obtain this certificate.


Can you provide a PA

Yes and I recommend this for larger gatherings so my voice can be easily heard. and I am more than happy to arrange the music for your day, which can be played through the PA on an I pod.


Do we need a rehearsal?

This is optional and largely depends on the number of attendants in your bridal party. The more people involved, the more likely you may want a rehearsal.